Frequently Asked Questions
At Simple Spaces, we have members from all over the world. We have many exchange students staying for one semester or two semesters, as well as interns and some local workers. Our age range is between 19-30, yet most are in their early 20’s.
Living with your friends abroad can be very exciting and Simple Spaces can offer you and your friends a place to live together. Most of our houses can hold up to four guests. When applying to stay with us, please let us know if you have others you would like to live with.
We make sure that we do the best job we can to pair you up with other housemates you will get along well with. We take into consideration both your own personal preferences as well as those of current and incoming tenants. We ask each potential tenant to have a video call with us before signing a contract. It’s a great way to get to know each other and answer any questions you may have. Once all housemates have signed their contracts and paid their deposit, we will connect you with your new housemates.
Absolutely! We know that living in Korea also gives your friends and family members a great reason to also visit Korea. While we don’t have any specific rules about hosting your loved ones, but here are some guidelines:
- Let your housemates know in advance when someone is coming.
- Make sure your visitors understand all the house rules (how to recycle etc.)
- A visit is a visit— don’t overstay your welcome. A few days is fine but longer can be an issue for some housemates.
- As a visitor, bringing something nice for the household is always a good idea— maybe some hard-to-get food from your home country, or you could offer to cook or buy a meal. A small gesture like this will likely have you welcomed with open arms by all house members.
Reservation & Payment
1. First, enter your email in our contact form. Then an application form will be sent to you via email. Fill this out for review.
2. After reviewing your application, the best home and room for your preferences will be recommended to you. If you are satisfied with this offer, we will send a housing contract to you.
3. After reviewing the contract, sign it and send it back to us via email.
4. Then, pay the security deposit (see below) to secure your room.
A. International Transfers
Paying the Security Deposit:
Simple Spaces uses a TransferWise wallet to hold your security deposit during your stay. We accepts both Euros, and US dollars for the security deposit payment.
A. If you use Korean online banking here in Korea, you can do a direct transfer to our Simple Spaces’ bank account.
B.If you prefer to pay cash, you can pay directly into our bank account by visiting any local Korean bank branch. (we suggest KEB Hana in Itaewon for their English service) Please bring your passport and our bank account information to make a successful transfer.
We use TransferWise and Google documents to manage payments.
Your security deposit will be returned to you via TransferWise within 3 days of your departure and house inspection.
Your security deposit will be returned to your local bank account within 3 days of your departure and house inspection.
Yes! If you plan to stay longer than 6 months, we will reduce your rent by 50,000 won per month. We are more than happy to reward those who choose to stay with us for the long term!
We do accept short-term stays, especially during the Summer (July 1st to August 15th) and Winter (January 1st to February 15th). If you are planning to study, work, or travel during these seasonal breaks, chances are we can help you out. And, it doesn’t take much to reach out to us, so just send us a quick email anyway. We’ll do our best to find a home for you!
If you wish to extend your stay, please notify Simple Spaces via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 45 days before the end of your contract. Of course, if you can tell us earlier, that would be even better. If you received a discount for a long-term stay, but terminate the contract earlier due to an unavoidable personal situation, the discount will be deduced from your deposit.